A vibrant take on a summer salad. This dish is full of flavours, plus it tastes twice as good knowing it’s healthy. You can also mix the salad through with some pasta, and a drizzle of olive oil for a more filling meal
150g fresh peas
50g pumpkin seeds
2 courgettes, grated
150g baby spinach leaves
2 sweet potatoes (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING:
2 tsp coriander seeds
4 preserved lemons
4 tbsp olive oil
ground black pepper
Feta cheese/your choice of cheese (crumbled, for garnishing)
1 ) If you are using sweet potatoes, peel and chop into cubes. Spread evenly on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in an oven for around 30-35 minutes at 220ºC. Then set aside to cool.
2) Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the peas for around 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) Start to make the dressing by toasting the coriander seeds in a dry frying pan for around 1 minute, or until they give off an aroma. Then place into a pestle and mortar and lightly crush the seeds.
4) In the same frying pan, toast the pumpkin seeds for around 4 minutes, or until they are slightly charred around the edges. Then set aside.
5) The dressing can be made by either chopping the lemons and pureeing them using a pestle and mortar, or blitzing them in a blender. Then, place them into a bowl and season well with black pepper, the olive oil, and then crushed and toasted coriander seeds. Mix well.
6) Next, put the grated courgette, spinach leaves, and the peas into a bowl, pour over the dressing, ensuring the leaves are evenly coated. Mix in the roasted sweet potato and dress with the pumpkin seeds and crumbled feta cheese.
We’d love to see your take on this recipe or any other ideas you may have. Feel free to get in touch through our social channels using @Truly_lifestyle