Meal Preppers Dream
A casserole is the perfect meal to squeeze in a few more winter veggies into your diet. Simply pop in the oven then serve, quick and easy!
What you will need
- Olive Oil
- 2 chicken breasts (size dependant on how hungry you are)
- Salt and pepper
- Half a red onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- A large handful of Brussels Sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves or one heaped tsp of lazy garlic
- 2 tsps. of thyme
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 120ml of chicken broth
- 900g of cooked wild rice
- 100g cup of dried cranberries
- 100g cup of sliced almonds
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper and fry until golden brown then slice into mouth sized pieces
- Chop the onions, sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts
- In the same pan cook the onion, sweet potatoes, brussels, garlic, thyme, paprika and cumin with a bit of salt and pepper until they are soft
- Pour in ¾ of the broth and simmer for 5 mins
- Add the cooked rice into the baking tray and add the chicken, cranberries and cooked veg
- Add the remaining broth and top with almonds and bake for 15 mins.
How satisfying is it on the journey home to know that you have something waiting ready to eat when you get there?
Don’t forget to share pics of your wonderful creations @Truly_Lifestyle.