Valentine’s Day, whether on your own, with friends or the love of your life, it’s definitely worth whipping up this gorgeous Chocolate Mousse. We know that wining and dining can be a minefield, so whether you are an accomplished cook, its your first time or you are trying to fit it in between taking the kids to different activities, this recipe is the perfect choice. Despite the effortlessness, it’s still oh-so luxurious and seriously chocolatey.
125 grams good dark chocolate
25 grams soft butter
75 grams mini marshmallows
30 millilitres hot water
142 millilitres double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mint leaves to garnish
Fresh strawberries to serve
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the chocolate, butter, marshmallows, and water into a saucepan.
- On a low heat melt the ingredients, stirring occasionally. Once all mixed in together, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Next, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until it reaches a thick consistency, and then fold into the chocolate mixture until you have a smooth silky texture.
- Pour into 2 ramekins, and place in the fridge to chill until after dinner.
- When ready to serve, garnish with mint leaves and strawberries for the added touch!